The Official SPACE blog

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Komics @ Kerouac


There'll be more exhibitor bios soon. In fact, Bob "Taskmaster" Corby just sent me a few more today. Tonight, however, I need to wrap this up quickly, get home and get ready to head out again to Kafe Kerouac.

Tonight, you see, is the hanging of art for the upcoming "Komics @ Kerouac" show featuring comics and cartoon art by members of the Sunday Comix cartoonists' group, of which I am a charter member. (Max Ink stole the whole idea from me, and don't let the fink tell you any differently)

The exhibit formally opens tomorrow night with a reception from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. wherein the panting public shall have the once in a life time opportunity to both hob and nob with these giants of cartoon art. Among those whose art will be displayed are Max Ink, Matt and Ellen Wyatt, Sam McElhaney, Molly Durst, and this bodacious blogger his own bad self. From there, these modern masterpieces of graphic art (I refer to my own work, of course) will be on display, and available to be purchased and enjoyed in your very own living room, den or bathroom, throughout the month of February.

I've posted along with this entry a little preview of the exhibition, in the form of one of the pieces I'll be showing. Entitled "Must! Run! Faster!!", this merely marvelous bit of pop culture detritus can be added to your personal collection for a mere $85.00.

Well, I'll see you all tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment