The Official SPACE blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

10 Questions: Larned Justin

When I first met Larned Justin at SPACE a few years ago, my first thought was that based on the way he drew himself in his comics I thought he'd be taller. Seriously, though, he's a great guy and does some great and very funny comics. I highly recommend that you stop by his table when you're at SPACE next month.
Here's how he answered my ten silly questions:

1) Tell us a little about yourself.
Nothing special just an old guy who likes to draw small press comics.

2) Tell us about your comics.
Lately I have been on a kick to simplify my comics, get them back to the roots of small press.

3) How long have you been self-publishing?
over ten years

4) Why did you decide to start self-publishing your comics?
I found out through fact Sheet 5 that people all over the world where doing it

5) Who are your main artistic influences--both in and out of comics?
In comics would be all of the original Mad Magazine cartoonists.
Re fine art, it would be the Impressionists.

6) What comics do you read?
Actually only small press comics
,

7) Do you have anything new for SPACE? Or are you working on anything new?
Yes, issue one of "Homemade Komix"

8) What do you like most about SPACE? What keeps you coming back?
The people


9) How would you compare SPACE to other shows you've done?
I like SPACE the best


10) Which "Gilligan's Island" castaway are you most like?
The sand on the beach, because I am older than dirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment